ALMOND AND CASHEW GRAIN FREE GRANOLA
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: LCHF, Low Carb, Paleo, Primal, Wheat Free, Gluten Free
• 3 tablespoons coconut oil
• 300g whole cashews or walnuts( for lower carbohydrate)
• 100g /3.5oz pumpkin seeds
• 100g /3.5oz sunflower seeds
• 300g/ 9oz whole almonds
• 75g / 2.7 oz flaxseeds/linseeds
1. Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan
2. In a large baking dish, mix all the seeds, nuts and coconut oil together. You can vary these according to what you have in, but make the total weight the same.
3. I don’t use stevia but you can sweeten it if you want to.
4. Bake at 180C/ 350F for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and crisp. The mixture will burn VERY easily, so set the timer and turn the mixture every 3 minutes. You don’t want to burn and ruin these expensive ingredients. It is better to spend time mixing it as it cooks. But set a timer, or you won’t realize it has burnt until you smell it.
5. This is a very rich granola, and a little will go a long way. I serve it with whole fat Greek yoghurt and a few fresh berries.
6. If you want a lower carbohydrate granola, substitute almonds for the cashews. Cool and store in an airtight jar